Frequently Asked Questions

Please browse through our frequently asked questions before getting in touch with us.

If you can’t find an answer we are just a click away!

You can submit your application to a family court nearby.

Normally they take up to 3-4 weeks to finalize the divorce.

No the court fees of NZ$211.50 is separate, which you have to pay to the court.

After receiving all the required information from you and the fees of NZ$ 349.00, we will send you your completed documents within 2 days.

We will provide you with the guided instruction along with your completed papers.

We charge NZ$ 349.00 for both application whether singe or joint.

Yes, only if you have tried all the measures to save your marriage but still the differences persist between you and your spouse, and there is an irreconcilable breakdown of your relationship.

Yes, you can file your divorce by filling our Solo Application.

Yes, A divorce should be filed where you or your spouse reside. If either spouse has lived in this state, you can file your divorce here.

Yes, you can make unlimited changes to your forms without any added cost.

You can remarry or enter into a new civil union as soon as the dissolution order takes effect. It usually takes effect one month after the order is made.

Yes, you can apply for divorce even if you cannot locate your spouse, divorce nz will provide you all the relevant forms and affidavits and will guide you for the further steps in this case.

Yes, both husband and wife can file together through a joint application provided by us.

Just fill in the questionnaire provided by us. We will make all the required forms ready for you, simply submit them in the nearest family court.

Yes we will need some additional information of your children, So that we can fill up their details in the form as per court requirements.

Irreconcilable differences is the only ground for legally dissolving a marriage or civil union. This means that your relationship has broken down and is at an end. Neither of you is blamed for this. The only way of proving that your relationship has broken down irreconcilably is by living apart for two years. Only then can the court dissolve your marriage or civil union. You cannot shorten the two year period, even if you both agree to the dissolution.

Yes we are always there to help you with all the technical support.

The separation period required is two years. It also includes, you can be separated under one roof under the condition you are not living as husband and wife.

Yes, you can. However it is recommended to have a professional either prepare or look over the documents before filing and paying the court fee of $211.50. This is due to the fact some legal terminology may be misunderstood or misinterpreted.

The criteria for being unable to pay includes if you are dependent on a benefit or New Zealand superannuation, or you would suffer undue financial hardship if you were required to pay the fee.

An uncontested divorce is a decree of divorce wherein both the partners agree to part ways under mutual consent. The spouses must agree to all terms including division of assets, child custody, child support, and alimony.

A contested divorce is a divorce wherein one partner agrees for divorce and the other partner disagrees for the same. Whether it’s one or all issues, if you disagree on anything, it is considered as a ‘contested’ divorce by the court.

A no-fault divorce is a type of divorce in which the spouse filing the divorce does not have to prove any fault on the part of the other spouse. The divorce can be filed based on the reason of ‘irreconcilable differences’.

Irreconcilable differences means that an individual and their spouse cannot get along with one another enough to keep the marriage alive, and the marriage cannot be saved.

Because we provide you with all the legal forms, completed by us without any errors. We assure that you don’t have to visit court multiple times, thereby saving both your time and efforts.

Still Got Queries

We do not share your contact details with any third party. Your identity is always secure with us.